Sunday 4 December 2011

Breezy's Top 15 Albums Of 2011! #14

With the amount that I blog (sorry guys), I figured I better get to it or I'll never get these 15 albums done!  I am a real old schooler, but I do always keep my out for newer acts.  This band has been around for a few years, but they are new to me. #14 - In Solitude - The World, The Flesh, The Devil.

These Swedish upstarts have been compared to the mighty Mercyful Fate (what is it with all the new bands dropping MF as an influence?) and that is the main reason I wanted to check them out.  I don't hear alot of MF in these guys, but they do have a classic NWOBHM sound, and an obvious love for all things Black Sabbath.  A little doomy, cool vocals from Hornper, and not as extreme as the cover and title might suggest. 



I enjoy a band that mix things up a bit.  Most of the tracks hover around the six minute mark, and vary in tempo and atmosphere. The musicianship and energy will have you bobbing your head in no time.  My fave tracks are the more off the top off the album: the title track, and the brilliant Serpents Are Rising and Demons.  If you like your Metal with tasty hooks, twin guitars and a hint of Sabbath, then check this out.  Here is a clip, enjoy!  Back soon with #13!
Remember, support the bands you like and buy their albums!

No comments:

Post a Comment