Saturday 24 December 2011

Breezy's Top 15 of 2011! #7

I'm back with another great record from 2011.  This album was released in Europe in 2010, but not released here until this year, so it counts for me!  #7 Ghost - Opus Eponymous.

This is the debut (suprise!) from this 6 piece Swedish band. As I've mentioned in other blogs, I have always been a sucker for a band with an image,so picture a band with 5 cloaked figures and a lead singer who wears cardinal robes and skeleton facepaint.  Normally, alot of you might go running, but you need to hear the tunes first!  If you blended classic Sabbath, with Blue Oyster Cult, and Electric Light Orchestra, you'd still be off, but getting closer.  BTW, these attributes are what make this an incredible, original album.  Did I mention the lyrics have a satanic theme?
Opus Eponymous is full of great riffs, melodic vocals, and a 70's vibe.  Heck, they are being endorsed by members of Down and Metallica, so they must be good right?  The Ritual is the standout track for me.  Elizabeth, Satan's Prayer, and Stand By Him are all soon to be classics as well. Also be sure to check out more traditional metal in Con Clavi Con Dio.  I really hope this bands 2nd album will stay true to their sound, because they are on to something fresh and original!  No vids were done for the album, but I've found a great live performance of The Ritual for you all to check out.  Until next time, keep the faith!

Remember, Support The Bands You Like And Buy Their Albums!

No comments:

Post a Comment