Wednesday 7 December 2011

Breezy's Top 15 Of 2011! #13

Hello again! I'm back with my next pick for the year.  About half the bands on my best of list this year are new discoveries for me. The is band has been around for a few years, and have about 4 full lengths under their belt.  This is their latest, #13 Widow - Life's Blood.



These three guys are from Raleigh, NC., and have been around since 2000.  I stumbled across this while buying CD's online, and thought I'd take a chance...I'm glad that I did.  
Definitely influenced by the glory days of Metal (Priest, Maiden, Malmsteen) and classic NWOBHM, Life's Blood is a stormer from start to finish.  Great vocals, guitars, and melodies.  If you are a fan of more traditional metal, you need to check this album out (I know I will be researching their back catalog).  They would have been a big deal back in the mid 80's for sure (and I mean that as a compliment).  I'm glad there are bands that still hold the traditional flag high.  Going to sign off with a clip of my fave tune from the record, it's one of the faster tracks and will give you a good idea of where Widow is coming from.  Until next time...

Remember, support the bands you like and buy their albums!

No comments:

Post a Comment