Saturday 31 December 2011

Breezy's Top 15 of 2011! #3

It's been fun putting this list together.  The tough thing as I've mentioned is that there was a lot to pick from this year, a few albums were missed that I've been spinning alot so at the end I'll do a quick extra 5 or so as honourable mentions...LOL  Next up at #3, Bullet - Highway Pirates.

Bullet is a band from Sweden that have been playing for a few years and have 4 albums.  This of course is their latest, and a new discovery for me.  These dudes are retro all the way in their sound, with great playing and production.  Only comparisions I could make would be a blend of AC/DC, Krokus and Accept, with some Lizzy-esque twin leads in for good measure.  Vocalist Hell Hofer (awesome name!) kicks this up a notch for me with his Udo inspired pipes.  This is the soundtrack to a night with the boys where the beer is cold and the music is loud.  The songs are reasonably simple structures, with great choruses and catchy riffs.  As with some of my other new discoveries over the past few years, I'm a fan of the retro sounds and bands that still carry the torch of hard rock and metal. 
For me there is no filler on this record. Every tune carries a catchy chorus with a great beat that will keep your head bangin'.  If I'm gonna pick a few, my fave track is Fire and Dynamite, along with the fantastic City Lights and Back On The Road.  Another band I'm already waiting for the next album!

I've found out that quite a few of my friends are reading my blog (thanks guys!!), and most of them are old schoolers like myself, so this pick is for them.  We all grew up with the bands I mentioned earlier in this post ,so here is a taste of the new breed.  Enjoy the official video for the album and stay wild!


Support the bands you like and buy their albums!

No comments:

Post a Comment